Thursday, August 6, 2009

how do you say a&%hole in bosnian, swedish, or croatian?

Is Zlatan Ibrahimovic rapidly becoming the biggest a&%hole in contemporary soccer or has this been going on for a while, and I was just too busy with other things?

In English:

“I am north, south, east and west. I am Zlatan Ibrahimovic,” reads a passage.
“I am north because I was born in Malmo and I am and want to be considered Swedish. I am very attached to my hometown and my country and my real friends are still there.
“I am south because I have a ‘hot’ character, I’m not a passive man. I like feeling strong emotions and playing in stadiums where all the fans are against you. I have no fear. I like creativity, and not just in football, but in life too.
“I am west because I love the United States, where I often spend holidays with my family. I love the weather and I like English as a tool to communicate with the world.
“I am east because I find my family’s origins there, Bosnian father and Croat mother. I still like talking my father and mother’s language. I still feel strong ties, the passion of travelling crowds, always in search of something. With courage, never hiding their heads in the sand…”

Original in Italian.

No comments: